Archive for August, 2006
Read Full Post | Make a Comment ( 1 so far )
I love books. Of course, I love to read books, but I also love the feel of books and the aesthetic of how they look stacked here and there, in shelves, in baskets, on my nightstand. I have a lot of books. I have so many books that I had to get a storage unit to hold some of them. I would rather pay to store my books than part with them. I’m silly that way. So when I stumbled across LibraryThing I was excited to see a Web 2.0 (whatever) social-networking site pop up that actually has some value for me. ‘Course I’ll never in a million years have the time to enter all my books (even with the obligatory bookmarklet), but it is interesting to see what other people have in their libraries and our interested in discussing. If you’re a bookworm, I suggest you give LibraryThing a whirl. You can catalog up to 200 books with a free account or upgrade to a paid account to catalog any number of books. Paid personal accounts cost $10 for a year or $25 for a lifetime.
I love crafts…scrapping, knitting, you name it. The truth is, though, that I’m more of a craft rookie so keeping up with my growing stash and projects is a little overwhelming. Enter my new best friend: Craftmemo.com. CraftMemo helps you organize & keep track of all your craft goodies, projects and suppliers; generate detailed lists of your inventory, out of stock items, what you need for a project and where to purchase them from; and plan what supplies you need & calculate the cost for your upcoming projects.
Features of CraftMemo (from the website):
- Easy to use and flexible record management system
- Powerful filtering, sorting and search capabilites
- Ability to upload images of your craft supplies and completed projects
- Generate and print inventory, supplier, project requirements, out of stock lists
- Import/Export data from commonly used Financial Applications (Excel, MYOB, Quickbooks, etc)
- 24/7 access to your inventory and projects information from anywhere
- 100% Web based. No downloads. No Installs. No Virus. No Spam.